Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2016 for August -- Take 2 ... and 3!

At the beginning of the month I created a tag inspired by Tim Holtz's August tag for 2016.  I also wanted to do a version of the tag that really followed Tim's directions pretty closely.  Instead of just making a 2nd tag, I also made a 3rd take!  The techniques are the same here but I did have to substitute some die cut leaves and pine boughs for Tim's wildflower diecuts.


 I went with seasonal themes for these two tags:  one for fall and one for winter.  The fall tag background was made with Mustard Seed and Spiced Marmalade Distress Stain along with Ground Espresso Distress Ink.  I die cut Tim's Trellis Frameworks border out of his medium brown substrate.  The insets for the trellis are die cut out of some of Tim's Paper Stash and Textured Surfaces (burlap and cork).


Here are some close ups!





My winter tag background was made with Picket Fence and Shaded Lilac Distress Stains and Ground Espresso Distress Ink.  I die cut the Courtyard Frameworks border out of Tim's grunge paper and painted it with Weathered Wood Distress Paint.  I grunged it with some Walnut Stain Distress Ink.  I really loved making the inset for my framework.  I used Tim's mirrored sheets and textile surfaces in dark denim.  I also applied Wendy Vecchi's Crackle Paste to some of my grunge paper insets and Tim's Distress Grit Paste others.  I used Hickory Smoke Distress Crayon and water brush to bring out some of the texture on these texture paste insets.  Instead of black paint splatters, I went for snow flurries with Picket Fence Distress Paint splatters.


Now for a few close up pics of the winter tag.  My sentiment comes from lines of the hymn Silent Night.  I got these snippets of the hymn from Tim's Christmas remnant rubs.






 Ok ... that's it for now.  I'm sorry I haven't visited lately.  I will be by to chat soon.  Hugs to you all and thanks for dropping by!  -- Mary Elizabeth



7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

I love the earthy warmth of the autumn tag, perfect with the fabulous rustic textures and tiny images of the cut-outs, and the winter one has a wonderful atmosphere to it. Beautiful variations on the August combo.
Alison x

A Pink said...

Gorgeous takes on Tims tag! Mary . Love them both very much .
x

Anita Houston The Artful Maven said...

An autumn and a winter...I LOVE it! So cool you made two!!!

Candy C said...

Hi Mary Elizabeth! Your Tim tags are really pretty. I really like both of them. Love the colors and the autumnal shades of browns and oranges against the black silhouetted oak leaf. The burlap really gives a nice touch, too. The grey wintry tag with the silent night words is really sweet, too. Love the silhouetted pine needles! I also wanted to thank you for your really sweet comment you left on my blog about the altered sunglasses. Those were really fun to do!

Cathy said...

2 gorgeous tags, love the contrasting colours, Cathy x

Heather McMahon said...

Oh these are amazing! I love the neutral colours - gorgeous!

Barbara said...

Your tags are both wonderful, but I love so much the winter tag! I adore it! Barbara